Sourcing Summit – Midday Update
Kicking off with day two of the Sourcing Summit. The atmosphere is still buzzing and we’ve already covered 3 out of the 12 sessions for the day. Here’s what we’ve learnt so far:
Gavin Heaton (@servantofchaos) – New Frontiers for Sourcing Talent
- #coffeemornings meet up every Friday in Surry Hills from 7am until “whenever people go to work”. A local meet up group for sourcers and social media experts.
- Interesting point about the difference between social friends vs. personal friends.
- 4 Phases of Community Growth: Map audience; Seed community; Cultivate conversation; Harvest for impact.
- Three C’s of Community Engagement: Curation; Context; Connections.
- “Share the message but own the destination”.
Brent Pearson – Role & Importance of Metrics in Sourcing
- Remember to focus on the business aspects of sourcing.
- “The war on talent is only going to intensify”
- Develop healthy skepticism for sourcing and using social media for recruitment.
- 4 Buckets that Social Media falls into for Recruiting: Searching; Advertising; Interacting; Branding.
- Identify a framework to evaluate the social media strategies you use for recruiting to measure what works… More on this later.
- Identify your sources for visitors vs. those with an expression of interest for opportunities vs. applicants.
- Problems with metrics in HR: Lack of action from the metrics.
Andrea Mitchell (@andreamitchell) – Internet Search Strategies (more on this in another post)
- Stressed the NEED to have a good briefing doc.. (+1)
- Search approach – start wide and then narrow it down.
Up next, Jason Timor on Targeting Niche Communities’… Stay tuned.